It’s a tough habit to kick.
I know, the movie theatre popcorn doesn’t taste as good without a fountain drink, and OJ is damn good with eggs. But I’m sorry to tell ya, it’s not doing you any good.
Why you should kick it
- Packs on the pounds
You guessed it, sugary drinks are loaded with sugar. Not only are they mega high in calories (and not worth the extra time at the gym), but the high concentration of sugar causes a blood sugar spike. When your blood sugar spikes your body instantly stores fat and causes you to gain weight… not cool body, not cool.
- Causes bladder infections
sugary drinks are diuretics meaning that they increase your need to pee. Peeing all the time can irritate the bladder and cause bladder infections, and UTIs. Also, this causes you to become dehydrated which can disrupt your digestion, give you dry skin and make you irritable.
How do you kick it?
introducing my newest obsession: cold brew tea
There are a few confusing methods & fancy devices out there to make cold brewed tea, but my method takes next to no effort and is completely lazy-girl approved.
step 1: choose your tea, I recommend using herbal teas to get the most benefits.
try: green tea, raspberry, blueberry, orange, rooibos (whatever flavour your heart desires)
step 2: add teabag or loose tea & water to a jar
step 3: (optional) add some goodies like berries, lemons, oranges, mint leaves or cinnamon sticks, get crazy with it or just leave it as it is.
step 4: pop them in the fridge and (here’s the hard part) wait at least an hour. I like to leave them overnight for extra deliciousness
step 5: enjoy
why I love them:
- These badboys flush out toxins and help build your energy
- They keep you hydrated without the boringness of water
- More antioxidants since you let it infuse for longer, you get a higher concentration of nutrients
- All the deliciousness of the tea without the extra tannins (the compounds that make tea bitter)
- Loaded with polyphenolic compounds (chemicals in plants) that are anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer
I hope you like this recipe & let me know if you give it a try !
Grab Your Self Care Formula