Let’s talk BRAIN FOOD, productivity, & The Best Breakfast For On-The-Go Entrepreneurs
You’ve heard it a million times…..
“breakfast is the most important meal of the day”
No it’s not some line your mom told you in an effort to get you to eat those wheat-a-bix.
And No, half a pot of coffee isn’t the answer either (sorry).
If you’re a crazy-busy online entrepreneur, I know how easy it can be to skip brekkie all together.
You land-up at your desk with a coffee, and don’t look up until its time for lunch!
But if you’re in the business of taking over the world, you know you’ve gotta be ON.
One of the best ways to do this is to make sure you’re giving your bod exactly what it needs to perform at it’s best.
Feeding your brain is at the top of my list of priorities to make sure I have a super productive day, but I love things that are quick, painless and taste good enough for dessert. So my go to breakfast lately has been this Brain Food Breakfast Bar It takes about 5 mins to prep, 20 mins to bake, and lasts in the fridge all week (yup, no excuses).
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup wild blueberries (I use frozen)
Drizzle (to be fancy)
- 3 tbsp greek yogurt
- 3 tsp orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 340f. Line a 9in x 9in baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt the honey, coconut and almond nut butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Once melted and combined, stir in the oats and continue to mix until all the oats have been coated. Fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and with the back of a spoon press down.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Allow the dish to cool, then lift the parchment paper & (soon-to-be) bars onto a cooling rack.
- Once the bars have cooled completely, mix the drizzle & pour on top.
- Cut into approx 8 bars.
Is there anything coconut oil CAN’T do? Really, I wanna stop going on about it, but I just can’t. This badboy works as a natural anti-inflammatory, and improves your memory.
Simply put, the brain just doesn’t work without energy. Concentration and focus come from having enough glucose in the brain’s blood. So give your brain a good shot nature’s redbull: OATS.
Evidence suggests that the consumption of blueberries may be effective in improving or delaying short term memory loss because it contains protective compounds called anthocyanins. Plus they’re delish, and freeze well.
Studies show that a good intake of vitamin E might help to prevent cognitive decline. Ya that’s as scary as it sounds…. If you’re planning to be a #bossbabe grandma, you’re gonna need to get some more almond butter in your life.
PS: If you’re eyeing my cool watch in these pics, I don’t blame ya, it’s my newest obsession.
I’ve been on the hunt for a cute watch that will stack well with my mala bracelets, and work well with yoga-gear (my day to day uniform)…. and this Jord one had me drooling instantly. It’s designed and created sustainably and is yogi-approved.
I’m teaming up with Jord & they have a couple cool things going on this week…
1. They’re having a Black Friday sale with all their watches discounted, so if you wanna be twinsies this is the one I’m wearing >> click here http://bit.ly/2fqvJGa
I’m gonna be taking advantage of their Black Friday sale to get my xmas shopping started early, and buy an engraved watch for my dad. I’m pretty friggen pumped because he is always the hardest to buy for and I’m always scrambling last minute…no tie this year dad!!!
2. They’re also hosting a contest, the winner will receive 75$ off any watch, and (bonus) everyone who enters will automatically receive $25 off yay. If you want to join the contest you can do that right here >> https://www.woodwatches.com/